Hair health is a priority for many people. I personally, am always on the lookout for the best and most natural products to give my hair the nourishment and moisture it so craves. There are plenty of oils out there that are miraculous for hair health. Some of the main ones people use include olive, coconut, almond, castor, argan, and so on. However, there’s a new oil circulating in the beauty scene and doesn’t seem to be going anywhere soon. CBD oil is proving to be very beneficial to hair and scalp health. Using CBD oil for hair is a hot topic right now and has shown to provide many therapeutic benefits.
Currently, there’s not a lot of research out there just yet in regards to CBD oil and its properties in hair health. Only because it’s recently been legalized and can now be studied properly in its full range of benefits. Despite this fact, CBD oil for hair health is already showing a lot of promise by promoting hair growth, strengthening the hair, and improving scalp health.
What Is CBD oil?
In case you don’t already know, CBD stands for cannabidiol, and is a compound found in the cannabis plant. It’s important to understand that CBD oil is non-psychoactive, meaning it will not get you high. CBD oil is safe, non-addictive and has shown to have no unwanted side effects in regards to topical application.
CBD oil works directly with our endocannabinoid system, influencing the receptors which promote homeostasis or balance within our physiological systems. These systems regulate pain, sleep, memory, mood, appetite, and reproduction. CBD oil has shown to provide therapeutic relief by restoring balance within these systems.
Many people use CBD oil for relief in pain, anxiety, depression, insomnia, mood, memory, among many other ailments. In regards to skin, CBD oil provides great relief for inflammatory skin conditions, and also works as an antioxidant. The beauty scene has taken an interest in the benefits CBD oil has to offer and have incorporated it into their products.
Why CBD Oil For Hair?
There’s a lot of excitement surrounding CBD oil for hair health and here are 3 main reasons why you may want to give it a try.
- HAIR STRENGTHING- CBD oil contains all known 21 amino acids that build protein plus Tyrosine which helps maintain color. These amino acids help strengthen the hair by producing a protein which are the building blocks of collagen and elastin. These essentially make the hair stronger and reduces breakage, leaving you with fuller, healthier and thicker hair.
- PROMOTE HAIR GROWTH- Many people are turning to CBD oil as a remedy for thinning hair. CBD oil has been found to contain good levels of essential fatty acids linolenic and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA), which are responsible for promoting healthy hair, skin, and nail growth.
- SCALP HEALTH- CBD Oil is nutrient rich, containing vitamins A, C, and E as well as Omega-3 and Omega-6, magnesium, potassium, calcium, and phosphorus. CBD oil is a powerful antioxidant and helps to relieve UV ray and environmental damage, hydrating and restoring hair and scalp health. It is also a powerful anti-inflammatory and can relieve dry patchy skin, dandruff, dryness, and frizziness.
The Importance Of Scalp Health
Healthy hair essentially starts at the root, having a healthy scalp will lead to having healthy hair. A dry scaly scalp can stunt hair growth and even worsen thinning hair, not to mention the irritation and itchiness that comes with it. On the other hand, having too much moisture in your hair consistently can lead to weaker hair.
CBD oil has been found to be extremely hydrating while also inhibiting overactive oil production. So while it provides essential nutrients to the scalp by rejuvenating skin cells it will also balance and restore the scalp to its natural health.
Those who suffer from the following conditions may find relief through using CBD oil for hair health:
- Dry Scalp
- Itchy Flaky Scalp
- Eczema and Psoriasis
- Thinning Hair
- Frizzy and Dry Hair
- Weak/ Damaged Hair
- Maintaining Natural Hair Color
Where Do I Find It?
It’s important to know that because CBD oil is not FDA regulated, finding high-quality CBD oil takes a little more effort and research. Many “CBD oil” products out there are mislabeled and misleading, and unfortunately, many people pay high prices for a low-quality product and miss out on the true benefits CBD oil has to offer.
Here are some things to look for when purchasing CBD oil products
- Look For Whole Plant CBD-Rich Extract Rather Than Isolate
- Full Hemp Extract Is Synonymous With CBD
- Choose CBD Sourced From American Grown Hemp
- Make Sure Product Contains 0.3% THC or LESS
- Look For Third-Party Testing Lab Results
- Hemp Seed Oil Is NOT The Same As CBD Oil
Let Your Hair Do The Talking
Hair is one of the biggest expressions of self-identity, and having a great hair day is one of life’s great satisfaction. If hair and scalp health is important to you, then you know finding the perfect hair care routine and the right products to use can be difficult. Finding products that harness the natural benefits of nature is a win-win. So if you can restore your hair’s natural beauty, strengthen, lengthen and nourish it with CBD Oil, I say why not?
Thank you for reading. I would love to hear your thoughts or experiences with CBD oil.
References For This Information:
This website is for informational purposes. The statements made regarding these products have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The efficacy of these products has not been confirmed by FDA-approved research. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. All information presented here is not meant as a substitute for or alternative to information from healthcare practitioners. Please consult your healthcare professional about potential interactions or other possible complications before using any product. The Federal Food, Drug, and Cosmetic Act require this notice.